This dip, when made the original way (with feta), is affectionately called “Crack Dip” because it’s the kind that you put out at a party and people just hover around the bowl, not speaking, completely addicted and shoveling it in.
HUGE shout-out to my friend Suzanne, who gave me this recipe and brought it to many, many memorable parties over the years! Party-animal Suz, this one’s for you.
Avocado Feta Salsa
For serving 2-4 people, use the lesser measurements. If serving more than 4 people, use the higher measurements of each ingredient.
- 2 – 4 avocados – cut in chunks (put in last, right before serving, to avoid browning)
- 2 – 4 plum tomatoes – chopped
- ¼ – ½ cup red onion (1/4 –1/2 of an onion) – chopped very fine
- 1 bunch fresh curly parsley – chopped very fine
- Garlic to taste (1 – 2 cloves) minced
- ½ – 1 tsp oregano
- 1-2 Tbs olive oil
- 2 – 4 Tbs red wine vinegar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 block of feta cheese, crumbled (optional)
For best results, mix all the ingredients, except the avocados, the night before or several hours before serving so the flavors have a chance to marinate. Then add the avocados right before serving.
Serve with tortilla chips, sliced red peppers, plantain chips, or alongside some protein. Yum.